Bill dealing with sexual harassment tabled in J&K Assembly
Jammu: An amendment bill envisaging stringent punishment for sexual offences and brutalities against women was on Friday tabled in the Assembly by the Jammu and Kashmir government.
The bill, introduced by Law Minister Mir Saifullah, seeks to amend the Ranbir Penal Code (RPC) Samvat 1989, the code of criminal procedure Samvat 1989 and the evidence act Samvat 1977 (LA Bill No 15 of 2013).
The Bill seeks to bring in specific punishment provisions for offences like acid attacks, besides defining and prescribing punishments for crimes like stalking, sexual harassment, rapes and gang rapes.
The move comes amid various state governments tightening their existing laws dealing with sexual offences and the Centre bringing in a stringent anti-rape legislation in backdrop of the brutal gang-rape of a Delhi girl in December last year, which lead to her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday