Bill dealing with sexual harassment tabled in J&K Assembly
Jammu: An amendment bill envisaging stringent punishment for sexual offences and brutalities against women was on Friday tabled in the Assembly by the Jammu and Kashmir government.
The bill, introduced by Law Minister Mir Saifullah, seeks to amend the Ranbir Penal Code (RPC) Samvat 1989, the code of criminal procedure Samvat 1989 and the evidence act Samvat 1977 (LA Bill No 15 of 2013).
The Bill seeks to bring in specific punishment provisions for offences like acid attacks, besides defining and prescribing punishments for crimes like stalking, sexual harassment, rapes and gang rapes.
The move comes amid various state governments tightening their existing laws dealing with sexual offences and the Centre bringing in a stringent anti-rape legislation in backdrop of the brutal gang-rape of a Delhi girl in December last year, which lead to her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says