Bird hits one of major causes of aircraft accidents: IAF
Jammu: Attributing bird hits as one of the major causes of aircraft mishaps, the Indian Air Force (IAF) on Monday asked people not to throw waste in open, which attracts the avian population.
"Birds strike is one of the major causes of aircraft accidents. People should not throw waste in open and keep their surroundings clean, so that the birds are not attracted," Wing Commander Amit Singh Gaharwar said at an Aerospace Safety Awareness campaign organised at Chari Saail village in Udhampur district today.
The campaign was aimed at educating the villagers towards cleanliness and hygiene which in turn will help reduce the risk of bird strike to flying aircrafts.
"This not only helps safe flying but will also create a healthy environment of living," Gaharwar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites