Bird hits one of major causes of aircraft accidents: IAF
Jammu: Attributing bird hits as one of the major causes of aircraft mishaps, the Indian Air Force (IAF) on Monday asked people not to throw waste in open, which attracts the avian population.
"Birds strike is one of the major causes of aircraft accidents. People should not throw waste in open and keep their surroundings clean, so that the birds are not attracted," Wing Commander Amit Singh Gaharwar said at an Aerospace Safety Awareness campaign organised at Chari Saail village in Udhampur district today.
The campaign was aimed at educating the villagers towards cleanliness and hygiene which in turn will help reduce the risk of bird strike to flying aircrafts.
"This not only helps safe flying but will also create a healthy environment of living," Gaharwar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA