Bird hits one of major causes of aircraft accidents: IAF
Jammu: Attributing bird hits as one of the major causes of aircraft mishaps, the Indian Air Force (IAF) on Monday asked people not to throw waste in open, which attracts the avian population.
"Birds strike is one of the major causes of aircraft accidents. People should not throw waste in open and keep their surroundings clean, so that the birds are not attracted," Wing Commander Amit Singh Gaharwar said at an Aerospace Safety Awareness campaign organised at Chari Saail village in Udhampur district today.
The campaign was aimed at educating the villagers towards cleanliness and hygiene which in turn will help reduce the risk of bird strike to flying aircrafts.
"This not only helps safe flying but will also create a healthy environment of living," Gaharwar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details