BJP accuses J&K govt`s surrender policy, launches yatra
Jammu: BJP on Thursday criticised the surrender policy pursued by the state government and said it was encouraging secessionism and terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Surrender policy for terrorists is encouraging secessionism and terrorism in the state and has demoralised the youth," BJP national executive member and state spokesperson, Jitender Singh said here today.
"Bringing back trained ultras is a very serious matter. Apart from legal, it will also have other complications," Singh told Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) members, who set out on a `Yuva Adhikar Yatra`.
Launching the Yatra, BJP state president Jugal Kishore criticised the coalition government for ignoring the problems faced by the state`s youth.
"The ruling NC and Congress have failed to address the grievances of common man," Jugal alleged adding, every time the party raised its concerns about the people`s problems in the Legislative Assembly, the government ignored it.
"BJP MLAs tried their best to raise the issues in the Assembly to seek government`s intervention on various issues like problems of displaced KPs, implementation of 73rd and 74th Constitutional amendments in the state and others, but the government ignored and disallowed their bills and adjournment motions," Jugal alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter