BJP accuses J&K govt`s surrender policy, launches yatra
Jammu: BJP on Thursday criticised the surrender policy pursued by the state government and said it was encouraging secessionism and terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Surrender policy for terrorists is encouraging secessionism and terrorism in the state and has demoralised the youth," BJP national executive member and state spokesperson, Jitender Singh said here today.
"Bringing back trained ultras is a very serious matter. Apart from legal, it will also have other complications," Singh told Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) members, who set out on a `Yuva Adhikar Yatra`.
Launching the Yatra, BJP state president Jugal Kishore criticised the coalition government for ignoring the problems faced by the state`s youth.
"The ruling NC and Congress have failed to address the grievances of common man," Jugal alleged adding, every time the party raised its concerns about the people`s problems in the Legislative Assembly, the government ignored it.
"BJP MLAs tried their best to raise the issues in the Assembly to seek government`s intervention on various issues like problems of displaced KPs, implementation of 73rd and 74th Constitutional amendments in the state and others, but the government ignored and disallowed their bills and adjournment motions," Jugal alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'