BJP alleges discrimination with Rajouri-Poonch
Jammu: BJP on Sunday alleged National Conference-led government`s apathy towards Rajouri and Poonch districts of Jammu region and said despite having a tremendous tourist potential, the areas have been utterly neglected.
"Discrimination is being done with Rajouri and Poonch districts. Rajouri-Poonch has totally been ignored on the front of tourism, not a single major project has been sanctioned by the government in this region," alleged Vibodh Gupta, BJP state vice-president.
Despite having a triangular tourist circuit of Baba Ghulam Shah shrine, Baba Budha Amarnath shrine and Baba Nangali Sahab shrine, successive governments have neglected the area, he said.
"There are many natural lakes in Pir Panjal area of Rajouri-Poonch more beautiful than Dal Lake, but no project has been initiated for development of these lakes," Gupta alleged.
Pointing out at the closure of Mughal Road for the major part of the year, he said, "Mughal Road is only open for five months."
"It could have been an economic booster for Rajouri-Poonch and could have provided employment to the youth, but the state government is not serious to keep the road open throughout the year." Gupta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17