BJP alleges discrimination with Rajouri-Poonch
Jammu: BJP on Sunday alleged National Conference-led government`s apathy towards Rajouri and Poonch districts of Jammu region and said despite having a tremendous tourist potential, the areas have been utterly neglected.
"Discrimination is being done with Rajouri and Poonch districts. Rajouri-Poonch has totally been ignored on the front of tourism, not a single major project has been sanctioned by the government in this region," alleged Vibodh Gupta, BJP state vice-president.
Despite having a triangular tourist circuit of Baba Ghulam Shah shrine, Baba Budha Amarnath shrine and Baba Nangali Sahab shrine, successive governments have neglected the area, he said.
"There are many natural lakes in Pir Panjal area of Rajouri-Poonch more beautiful than Dal Lake, but no project has been initiated for development of these lakes," Gupta alleged.
Pointing out at the closure of Mughal Road for the major part of the year, he said, "Mughal Road is only open for five months."
"It could have been an economic booster for Rajouri-Poonch and could have provided employment to the youth, but the state government is not serious to keep the road open throughout the year." Gupta added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview