BJP alleges Pak conspiracy behind Kishtwar incident
Jammu: Day after protests in Kishtwar over posting of objectionable content on Facebook, the BJP on Wednesday alleged forces from across the border were trying to disturb communal peace in the Kashmir Valley through such tricks.
Noting that "Pakistani agencies in connivance with separatist groups" were trying to instigate communal unrest, especially in the Chenab belt, BJP leader Jitendra Singh, however, objected to any move of slapping the Public Safety Act on anyone.
He also accused both National Conference and Congress of encouraging communal elements.
Three persons, including two teachers, were arrested in Kishtwar on charges of posting objectionable content on social networking website Facebook that was blocked in the district after the matter came to light.
After the matter came to light, a bandh was observed in the district and neighbouring areas in protest against the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?