BJP asks workers in J&K to step up campaign for LS polls
Jammu: BJP on Friday exhorted party members in Jammu and Kashmir to step up the campaign for the Lok Sabha elections and cautioned them against "disinformation" being spread by political rivals.
"It would be suicidal for the party workers to be complacent as Congress and other similar outfits are working overtime to spread disinformation to put obstacles in the BJP`s march towards getting majority in the Parliament," party`s In-charge for the state, Avinash Rai Khanna said here.
Khanna, while addressing a seminar of party workers, said party members are upbeat after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was named party`s prime ministerial candidate.
He said that BJP workers should not relax till the time party forms the government at the Centre.
Meanwhile, BJP National General Secretary (Organisation) Ram Lal said that the next general elections were crucial for the future of the country.
It is the duty of each BJP worker in Jammu and Kashmir to inform people about the failures of UPA government and ensure to that the party won maximum Lok Sabha seats from the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire