BJP calls for Jammu bandh; burn effigy of Omar
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday called for a three-hour
bandh here on Saturday against Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s
remarks on Jammu and Kashmir`s accession with India as the
party youth wing burnt the effigy of the CM for his approval
to the rehabilitation of militants, who want to return from
"We have announced a complete bandh on November 27 for
three hours in the morning in protest against the statement of
Omar on the floor of J&K Assembly last month over accession of
J&K with India and also return and rehabilitation of the
militants in PoK," BJP state president Shamshir Singh Manhas
The `Chakka Jaam` would be from 8am to 11 am, he said.
Manhas said decision of the party to observe `Chakka
Jaam` been also taken to protest Omar Abdullah`s alleged
continued discrimination against Jammu region and for
avoiding fresh "delimitation" of constituencies.
Meanwhile, activists Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha burnt the
effigy of Abdullah and held demonstration against his amnesty
to militants who want to return form PoK.
Over 1300 BJYM activists took out a protest rally from
their Kachi Chawani BJP headquarters, raising anti-government
and anti-Omar slogans. They also clashed with Police, who
prevented them from moving ahead in view section 144 imposed
in and around Civil Secretariat in the city.
"It is another blunder (approval) by the so called
dynamic Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in the first cabinet
meeting, attended by the Congress ministers also, in the
winter capital yesterday" BJP state spokesperson Nirmal Kamal
"Just a weak back DGP Kuldeep Khuda had admitted that
there are still 500 militants in the state. This means that
the number of militants operating in the state has not been
reduced... rehabilitation policy will increase militancy
related incidents despite the various safe-guards attached to
the rehabilitation policy", she argued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks