BJP criticises denial of US visa to its J&K leader
Jammu: Lashing out at US authorities for
denial of visa to its leader Jitendra Singh, the J&K unit of
BJP on Saturday claimed that "no valid reason" was offered by the
American Embassy for its action.
"We seek reason for denial of visa by US Embassy to Dr
Singh who is known for his nationalist credentials and was one
of the members of the BJP delegation that was invited to
Washington by Republican Party of America and International
Republican Institute," state BJP president Shamsher Singh
Manhas told reporters here today.
Flanked by Singh, who is party`s national executive
member, and state general secretary Satish Sharma, Manhas also
criticised the UPA government and the Congress-NC coalition
government in the state.
He said that the Central leadership of the party will
ask the US Embassy "to provide it with the list of BJP leaders
who are unwelcome to that country because in the case of both
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi earlier and Jitendra
Singh now, no valid reason was offered for denial of visa".
"While separatist Kashmir leaders like Syed Ali
Geelani and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq were provided all facility by
the state and Central governments to travel abroad despite a
number of criminal and sedition cases pending against them,
national leaders from BJP were not allowed to travel abroad,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in