BJP delegation gifted Quran books
Srinagar: The visiting BJP delegation headed by Rajnath Singh was gifted copies of the Holy Quran translated into Hindi by a head of an NGO here, who wanted to convey the message of peace.
"It was a pleasant surprise," one the members of the delegation said after receiving a copy of the Holy book from Muhammad Farooq Khan here yesterday.
Khan said that he wanted to convey the "message of
peace" to the BJP leadership.
"I am not an Islamic preacher but I wanted the leaders
to understand the message of Islam, which is being
misunderstood as terrorism," he said.
Khan, who runs an NGO `Peace and Spirituality
Initiative`, said he also wanted to impress upon the BJP
leadership that Kashmiris were not "stone-pelters or
terrorists as has been the general impression in the rest of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!