BJP delegation gifted Quran books
Srinagar: The visiting BJP delegation headed by Rajnath Singh was gifted copies of the Holy Quran translated into Hindi by a head of an NGO here, who wanted to convey the message of peace.
"It was a pleasant surprise," one the members of the delegation said after receiving a copy of the Holy book from Muhammad Farooq Khan here yesterday.
Khan said that he wanted to convey the "message of
peace" to the BJP leadership.
"I am not an Islamic preacher but I wanted the leaders
to understand the message of Islam, which is being
misunderstood as terrorism," he said.
Khan, who runs an NGO `Peace and Spirituality
Initiative`, said he also wanted to impress upon the BJP
leadership that Kashmiris were not "stone-pelters or
terrorists as has been the general impression in the rest of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- Rio Olympics 2016: World No.1 golfer Jason Day withdraws over Zika virus fears
- Banks asset quality stress needs to be dealt first: RBI Governor
- Congress accuses TMC government of taking soft stand on BJP
- J&K convoy ambushes: 15 troops killed in last one year
- J&K govt orders probe into Humhama land grabbing issue