BJP demands dismissal of Omar Abdullah government
Jammu: The Bhartiya Janata Party on Saturday described the Omar Abdullah government in Jammu and Kashmir as a "security risk" and demanded that the governor dismiss the government without further delay.
Accusing the National Conference-Congress coalition government of siding with terrorists and furthering their agenda, the party`s four MLAs staged a sit-in outside the legislature complex in protest against the "pro-terrorist" policies of the government.
Chief whip of the party Ashok Khajuria said that the Governor should take "cognisance of the anti-national agenda that the government is pursuing in Jammu and Kashmir, by disarming paramilitary forces and crying for mercy to terrorists", thus exposing the government`s true colours.
The BJP was referring to the way the discussion on Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s hanging was held in the Legislative Assembly, and the manner in which the government had defended the disarming of the paramilitary forces, resulting in the encouragement to terrorists to strike them.
Four legislators also termed the demand for the revocation of the special powers granted to security forces under the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) as part of the "pro-terrorist agenda" of the ruling alliance in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed