BJP demands dismissal of Omar Abdullah government
Jammu: The Bhartiya Janata Party on Saturday described the Omar Abdullah government in Jammu and Kashmir as a "security risk" and demanded that the governor dismiss the government without further delay.
Accusing the National Conference-Congress coalition government of siding with terrorists and furthering their agenda, the party`s four MLAs staged a sit-in outside the legislature complex in protest against the "pro-terrorist" policies of the government.
Chief whip of the party Ashok Khajuria said that the Governor should take "cognisance of the anti-national agenda that the government is pursuing in Jammu and Kashmir, by disarming paramilitary forces and crying for mercy to terrorists", thus exposing the government`s true colours.
The BJP was referring to the way the discussion on Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s hanging was held in the Legislative Assembly, and the manner in which the government had defended the disarming of the paramilitary forces, resulting in the encouragement to terrorists to strike them.
Four legislators also termed the demand for the revocation of the special powers granted to security forces under the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) as part of the "pro-terrorist agenda" of the ruling alliance in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre