BJP demands empowerment of Panchayati Raj system in J&K
Jammu: BJP on Monday sat on a dharna in Jammu
demanding implementation of 73rd and 74th Amendments of the
Panchayati Raj, aiming at devolution of powers of planning
to councils at district, block and village level, ahead of
the Panchayat elections in Jammu and Kashmir.
Led by its national executive member and former JK BJP
chief Nirmal Singh, BJP activists sat on dharna in front of
the press club and accused the government of deliberately not
empowering the Panchayat Raj system in the state.
"Panchayat elections should be held after implementing
the 73rd and 74th amendment of Panchayat Raj system", Singh
The protesters said it is strange that though J&K is an
integral part of India, the 73rd and 74th amendment which have
been implemented in all other states, are not applicable in
J&K. It is a mockery of democracy, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie