BJP demands introduction of Kashmir temple bill
Jammu: Alleging destruction and massive
encroachments of temples, shrines and their properties in
Kashmir valley, BJP on Friday demanded introduction of Kashmir
temples and shrines bill to save the religious properties.
"There has been destruction and encroachments of temples,
shrines and their properties in valley by anti-social
elements. There is an urgent need to save the temples and
shrines as a confidence building measures," leader of BJP in
the House Chaman Lal Gupta told the state Assembly.
He said the government should bring and table the Kashmir
temples and shrines bill in the Assembly for saving religious
properties in the valley.
Lal said the government had brought a concerning
conservation, protection and operation of temples and shrines
in the valley in 2008 but it did not table it for reasons
known to them.
"The time has come to table bill and ensure its passage
so that temples and shrines in Kashmir are protected and
saved," he said.
The government in the last Assembly session had said 171
temples were destroyed or damaged during over two decade long
militancy in Kashmir valley.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on