BJP demands introduction of Kashmir temple bill
Jammu: Alleging destruction and massive
encroachments of temples, shrines and their properties in
Kashmir valley, BJP on Friday demanded introduction of Kashmir
temples and shrines bill to save the religious properties.
"There has been destruction and encroachments of temples,
shrines and their properties in valley by anti-social
elements. There is an urgent need to save the temples and
shrines as a confidence building measures," leader of BJP in
the House Chaman Lal Gupta told the state Assembly.
He said the government should bring and table the Kashmir
temples and shrines bill in the Assembly for saving religious
properties in the valley.
Lal said the government had brought a concerning
conservation, protection and operation of temples and shrines
in the valley in 2008 but it did not table it for reasons
known to them.
"The time has come to table bill and ensure its passage
so that temples and shrines in Kashmir are protected and
saved," he said.
The government in the last Assembly session had said 171
temples were destroyed or damaged during over two decade long
militancy in Kashmir valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price