BJP demands probe in J&K irrigation canal projects
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday demanded a high-level probe into irrigation canal projects which have failed to provide water to the farm sector inspite of intensive monetary investment by Jammu and Kashmir.
A high-level committee should be constituted to inquire into irrigation canal projects on which crores of rupees of public exchequer money has been spent by successive governments in the state but which are not fully functional, BJP state general secretary Bali Bhagat said.
The government should fix responsibility against the guilty officials, he said. It should resume work on the vital projects where already much public money has been spent, he added.
The BJP will organise protests and hold demonstrations against the state government at mandal and district levels if the water canals are not repaired or restored to ensure water for farmers, he also threatened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach