BJP demands probe in J&K irrigation canal projects
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday demanded a high-level probe into irrigation canal projects which have failed to provide water to the farm sector inspite of intensive monetary investment by Jammu and Kashmir.
A high-level committee should be constituted to inquire into irrigation canal projects on which crores of rupees of public exchequer money has been spent by successive governments in the state but which are not fully functional, BJP state general secretary Bali Bhagat said.
The government should fix responsibility against the guilty officials, he said. It should resume work on the vital projects where already much public money has been spent, he added.
The BJP will organise protests and hold demonstrations against the state government at mandal and district levels if the water canals are not repaired or restored to ensure water for farmers, he also threatened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation