BJP demands probe in J&K irrigation canal projects
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday demanded a high-level probe into irrigation canal projects which have failed to provide water to the farm sector inspite of intensive monetary investment by Jammu and Kashmir.
A high-level committee should be constituted to inquire into irrigation canal projects on which crores of rupees of public exchequer money has been spent by successive governments in the state but which are not fully functional, BJP state general secretary Bali Bhagat said.
The government should fix responsibility against the guilty officials, he said. It should resume work on the vital projects where already much public money has been spent, he added.
The BJP will organise protests and hold demonstrations against the state government at mandal and district levels if the water canals are not repaired or restored to ensure water for farmers, he also threatened.
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'
- Pakistan's ISI using mobile apps to lure Indian jawans, retired officials: Report