BJP demands probe in J&K irrigation canal projects
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday demanded a high-level probe into irrigation canal projects which have failed to provide water to the farm sector inspite of intensive monetary investment by Jammu and Kashmir.
A high-level committee should be constituted to inquire into irrigation canal projects on which crores of rupees of public exchequer money has been spent by successive governments in the state but which are not fully functional, BJP state general secretary Bali Bhagat said.
The government should fix responsibility against the guilty officials, he said. It should resume work on the vital projects where already much public money has been spent, he added.
The BJP will organise protests and hold demonstrations against the state government at mandal and district levels if the water canals are not repaired or restored to ensure water for farmers, he also threatened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack