BJP demands release of detained Kishtwar youth
Jammu: BJP Wednesday demanded that two youths from Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, arrested on charges of posting objectionable content on Facebook over a month ago, be immediately released to avoid communal disharmony in the sensitive regions of the state.
"We express concern and warn against continued detention of the two Kishtwar youth from minority community on basis of unsubstantiated charges relating to an alleged Facebook offence," BJP J&K chief spokesperson and National Executive member Dr Jitendra Singh told reporters here this evening.
"We warn the state authorities to immediately intervene so that the situation does not lead to communal disharmony in the sensitive region of Kishtwar, Doda and Ramban traditionally known for being peaceful and brotherhood among the various communities," he said.
He called for immediate release and reinstatement of these youth to their respective jobs.
He criticised Human Rights organisations for "paying no attention" to the youths in continued "illegal police custody" for last over one month.
The BJP leader alleged that forces from across the border were trying to disturb communal peace in the Kashmir Valley through such tricks.
He claimed that state authorities have recommended PSA against the youths, but no action was taken against those who allegedly resorted to violent methods to pressurise the authorities to prosecute the youths.
The BJP leader said the party would be compelled to resort to protests if the demand to release and reinstate the two Kishtwar youth is not met with immediately.
Three persons, including two teachers (Kishtwar youths), were arrested in October on charges of posting objectionable content on social networking website Facebook that was blocked in the district after the matter came to light.
Services of both the teachers were terminated by the District Magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy