BJP demands release of detained Kishtwar youth
Jammu: BJP Wednesday demanded that two youths from Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, arrested on charges of posting objectionable content on Facebook over a month ago, be immediately released to avoid communal disharmony in the sensitive regions of the state.
"We express concern and warn against continued detention of the two Kishtwar youth from minority community on basis of unsubstantiated charges relating to an alleged Facebook offence," BJP J&K chief spokesperson and National Executive member Dr Jitendra Singh told reporters here this evening.
"We warn the state authorities to immediately intervene so that the situation does not lead to communal disharmony in the sensitive region of Kishtwar, Doda and Ramban traditionally known for being peaceful and brotherhood among the various communities," he said.
He called for immediate release and reinstatement of these youth to their respective jobs.
He criticised Human Rights organisations for "paying no attention" to the youths in continued "illegal police custody" for last over one month.
The BJP leader alleged that forces from across the border were trying to disturb communal peace in the Kashmir Valley through such tricks.
He claimed that state authorities have recommended PSA against the youths, but no action was taken against those who allegedly resorted to violent methods to pressurise the authorities to prosecute the youths.
The BJP leader said the party would be compelled to resort to protests if the demand to release and reinstate the two Kishtwar youth is not met with immediately.
Three persons, including two teachers (Kishtwar youths), were arrested in October on charges of posting objectionable content on social networking website Facebook that was blocked in the district after the matter came to light.
Services of both the teachers were terminated by the District Magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers