`BJP does not need certificate of secularism from NC, Cong`
Jammu: Slamming the political rivals in Jammu and Kashmir, BJP on Friday said Congress, NC and PDP, followed the policy of communal division to garner votes.
BJP "does not need any certificate of secularism from Congress, National Conference and PDP," BJP state president Shamsher Singh Manhas said here.
"Our membership drive has crossed all previous records, which in itself shows that people have faith in the secular credentials and intentions of the party and we do not require a certificate on the issue from Congress, NC and PDP," Manhas told reporters.
"BJP has been portrayed as a communal party by Congress, NC and PDP, whereas on ground reality they themselves follow the policy of communal division to garner votes," he said.
Manhas said, "Overwhelming response to our drive in last 45 days has reflected that people cutting across faith and region, are enthusiastically becoming party members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal