BJP flays Omar govt for `anti-Jammu` policies
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir unit of BJP
on Thursday accused the Omar Abdullah led government of adopting
anti-Jammu policies, and demanded abrogation of Article 370
and conducting fair delimitation of assembly constituencies in
"BJP will continue to agitate for ending discrimination
with Jammu by seeking abrogation of Article 370 and conducting
fair delimitation of assembly constituencies so that Jammu
gets due share in the power structure of the state," BJP state
president Shamsher Singh Manhas said during his `Jan Jagran
Article 370 of the Constitution accords special status
to Jammu and Kashmir.
Manhas alleged that the people of Jammu are the worst
affected by the "anti-Jammu attitude" of the NC-Congress
The extent of discriminatory approach towards Jammu by
successive governments in the state can be gauged from the
fact that despite more population, more area and difficult
terrain, the region has just 37 assembly seats while Kashmir
has 46, he pointed out.
He criticised the present government for its "wrong
policies" including the employment policy, as it amounts to
exploitation of the unemployed youth.
"Government has failed to create avenues for effective
employment of educated and uneducated youth in the state," he
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed