BJP for auction of coal blocks
Jammu: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in wake of the CAG report on coal blocks, BJP Friday called for the introduction of auction system for the allocation of natural resources.
"All the coal blocks allotted to private companies must be cancelled and auction system must be introduced in the country," state BJP chief Shamsher Singh Manhas said.
"PM should accept the moral and political responsibility for the coal scam and resign from his post for a fair probe into the matter," he said.
The BJP leader said that an independent inquiry may be carried out in the scam by a Special Investigation Team.
The Union government should also roll back on its decision to hike the diesel price, permit FDI in retail and restrict the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinder, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights