BJP for auction of coal blocks
Jammu: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in wake of the CAG report on coal blocks, BJP Friday called for the introduction of auction system for the allocation of natural resources.
"All the coal blocks allotted to private companies must be cancelled and auction system must be introduced in the country," state BJP chief Shamsher Singh Manhas said.
"PM should accept the moral and political responsibility for the coal scam and resign from his post for a fair probe into the matter," he said.
The BJP leader said that an independent inquiry may be carried out in the scam by a Special Investigation Team.
The Union government should also roll back on its decision to hike the diesel price, permit FDI in retail and restrict the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinder, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui