BJP for auction of coal blocks
Jammu: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in wake of the CAG report on coal blocks, BJP Friday called for the introduction of auction system for the allocation of natural resources.
"All the coal blocks allotted to private companies must be cancelled and auction system must be introduced in the country," state BJP chief Shamsher Singh Manhas said.
"PM should accept the moral and political responsibility for the coal scam and resign from his post for a fair probe into the matter," he said.
The BJP leader said that an independent inquiry may be carried out in the scam by a Special Investigation Team.
The Union government should also roll back on its decision to hike the diesel price, permit FDI in retail and restrict the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinder, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing