‘BJP has not entirely rejected JK interlocutors` report`
Srinagar: Former BJP President Rajnath Singh on Friday said his party "did not entirely reject" the report of the Centre`s interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir, but maintained that there were certain areas which required clarity.
"We do not reject the interlocutors report outright. There are certain issues which they have not touched and need to be discussed," he said.
Singh was talking to reporters during his visit to the state as part of a BJP delegation which is preparing the party`s "vision document" for Jammu and Kashmir.
"We are going to submit a comprehensive report to the party suggesting solutions to the problems and challenges facing Jammu and Kashmir. We are going to take cognisance of the interlocutors report as well," he said.
The former BJP president said the study group of the party has met 70 to 80 delegations from Jammu, Ladakh and Kashmir since last year and were in the final phase of completing its report.
"BJP wants solution to issues of Jammu and Kashmir within the ambit of justice and humanity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured