‘BJP has not entirely rejected JK interlocutors` report`
Srinagar: Former BJP President Rajnath Singh on Friday said his party "did not entirely reject" the report of the Centre`s interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir, but maintained that there were certain areas which required clarity.
"We do not reject the interlocutors report outright. There are certain issues which they have not touched and need to be discussed," he said.
Singh was talking to reporters during his visit to the state as part of a BJP delegation which is preparing the party`s "vision document" for Jammu and Kashmir.
"We are going to submit a comprehensive report to the party suggesting solutions to the problems and challenges facing Jammu and Kashmir. We are going to take cognisance of the interlocutors report as well," he said.
The former BJP president said the study group of the party has met 70 to 80 delegations from Jammu, Ladakh and Kashmir since last year and were in the final phase of completing its report.
"BJP wants solution to issues of Jammu and Kashmir within the ambit of justice and humanity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre