‘BJP has not entirely rejected JK interlocutors` report`
Srinagar: Former BJP President Rajnath Singh on Friday said his party "did not entirely reject" the report of the Centre`s interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir, but maintained that there were certain areas which required clarity.
"We do not reject the interlocutors report outright. There are certain issues which they have not touched and need to be discussed," he said.
Singh was talking to reporters during his visit to the state as part of a BJP delegation which is preparing the party`s "vision document" for Jammu and Kashmir.
"We are going to submit a comprehensive report to the party suggesting solutions to the problems and challenges facing Jammu and Kashmir. We are going to take cognisance of the interlocutors report as well," he said.
The former BJP president said the study group of the party has met 70 to 80 delegations from Jammu, Ladakh and Kashmir since last year and were in the final phase of completing its report.
"BJP wants solution to issues of Jammu and Kashmir within the ambit of justice and humanity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch