BJP holds protest over power crisis in Jammu
Jammu: Criticising Omar Abdullah
government in Jammu and Kashmir for worsening of power
situation in the state, opposition BJP today took out a
protest rally here.
Led by Jammu district BJP president Rajesh Gupta,
party workers marched through city markets raising
Later the protesters burnt effigy of Omar Abdullah,
who also holds the power portfolio.
"Power situation is going from bad to worse in the
state after the centre turned down grant of additional power
from the central grid", Gupta told reporters.
"Omar has failed to undertake power reforms in Jammu
and Kashmir for which centre has given huge funds. The fund
has been diverted to other sectors," he alleged.
Due to turning down of the request of the state
government recently by the National grid for grant of
additional power for failing to bring necessary reforms, the
state government has decided to go for 13-hour power cuts, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre