BJP, JKNPP walk out over recommendation of SFC in J&K Assembly
Jammu: Opposition BJP and the Panthers Party on Thursday walked out of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly terming as "incomplete and misleading" the response of a minister on alleged discrimination of Jammu region in the recommendation of the State Finance Commission.
In response to a question by BJP leader Chaman Lal Gupta during the Question Hour in the state Assembly, State Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said that the commission constituted by the state government has submitted a report to Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on November 13
However, the voluminous report is being examined, Rather said, adding, a separate dissenting note has been submitted by one of the members of the commission.
The BJP members led by Gupta and Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party led by Harsh Dev Singh, besides Jammu State Morcha member Ashwani Kumar stood on their seats and alleged the Omar Abdullah government has been discriminating with the Jammu region.
Gupta said that commission was appointed on January 15, 2008 and its report submitted on November last year but nothing has been done even though the commission was appointed to look into the regional discrimination on the financial aspects of the state.
Harsh Dev Singh also raised the issue of "discrimination" and said that the reply was not satisfactory.
Rather tried to pacify them but BJP members, instead started raising slogans like `Jammu Ke Sath Bedh Bav Bandh Karo Bandh Karo` (end discrimination with Jammu) and later staged a walkout.
After a few minutes, JKNPP and JSM also staged walkout from the House protesting the incomplete reply.
Rather charged BJP with not listening to his reply and said that they were enacting a drama to get media coverage.
The minister further said that commission was appointed to perform mapping of the regions and sub-regions, identify backward districts of the state, evolve a set policy to balance the dispersal of development across the districts and regions, identify measures for equilateral allocation of resources on regional basis, formulate a set of administrative measures, identifying employment backlog on regional levels.
Besides this, commission will also suggest measures need to augment resources of the government, review state finances and effective implementation of the recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams