BJP MLA slams govt`s silence on Afzal Guru issue
Jammu: Accusing both the Centre and the Jammu and Kashmir government of not reacting to the situation in the Valley over the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, BJP MLA Chaman Lal Gupta on Saturday said it can harm interest of the people in the state.
"The Centre must take note of the happenings (in Kashmir) over the Guru issue, especially when the tourist season is fast around the corner," the former defence minister said.
"If timely steps are not taken, an ugly situation can end up marring the chances of a good tourist season," he told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan