BJP MLA suspended from J&K Assembly
Jammu: A BJP MLA was suspended for the rest of the current session of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly after he got engaged in a heated exchange of words with a state minister, leading to the party to boycott the House.
Replying to a query by the BJP member Jugal Kishore, Minister for Planning Ajay Sadhotra said that in order to decongest traffic in the Jammu city, RITES have prepared mobility plan of Rs 30,000 crore which is under consideration of the Government.
Kishore, who was not satisfied with the reply, walked into the Well of the House amid protests as he posed more supplimentaries to the minister. He also alleged "discrimination" with the Jammu region.
The government, however, replied that there will be no discrimination assuring that the projects will be taken up soon and will be completed in a time-bound manner.
At this, Minister for Social Welfare Sakina Itoo made some comments over the BJP legislator`s demand, leading to high-pitched verbal clashes between the two.
Later, several National Conference ministers - Mohmmad Akbar Lone, Sajad Ahmed Kitchloo, Chowdhary Mohmmad Ramzan and some of its MLAs - took on the BJP MLA and jostled with him as the Speaker Mubarak Gul ordered his marshalling out.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah criticised the behaviour of the BJP MLA, saying that the Legislative members should refrain from exhibiting such unruly behaviour.
"On one side, we say that the dignity of women should be protected, on the other hand if the elected representatives of people exhibit such type of behaviour, it should be condemned in most strong words".
Angered by the action taken against its MLA, the BJP boycotted the rest of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says