BJP MLA suspended from J&K Assembly
Jammu: A BJP MLA was suspended for the rest of the current session of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly after he got engaged in a heated exchange of words with a state minister, leading to the party to boycott the House.
Replying to a query by the BJP member Jugal Kishore, Minister for Planning Ajay Sadhotra said that in order to decongest traffic in the Jammu city, RITES have prepared mobility plan of Rs 30,000 crore which is under consideration of the Government.
Kishore, who was not satisfied with the reply, walked into the Well of the House amid protests as he posed more supplimentaries to the minister. He also alleged "discrimination" with the Jammu region.
The government, however, replied that there will be no discrimination assuring that the projects will be taken up soon and will be completed in a time-bound manner.
At this, Minister for Social Welfare Sakina Itoo made some comments over the BJP legislator`s demand, leading to high-pitched verbal clashes between the two.
Later, several National Conference ministers - Mohmmad Akbar Lone, Sajad Ahmed Kitchloo, Chowdhary Mohmmad Ramzan and some of its MLAs - took on the BJP MLA and jostled with him as the Speaker Mubarak Gul ordered his marshalling out.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah criticised the behaviour of the BJP MLA, saying that the Legislative members should refrain from exhibiting such unruly behaviour.
"On one side, we say that the dignity of women should be protected, on the other hand if the elected representatives of people exhibit such type of behaviour, it should be condemned in most strong words".
Angered by the action taken against its MLA, the BJP boycotted the rest of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre