BJP MPs tie rakhis to BSF personnel on Indo-Pak border
Jammu: BJP MPs on Wednesday tied rakhis to BSF jawans deployed on the India-Pakistan border at Suchetgarh in Jammu on the occasion of `Raksha Bandhan`.
MP and BJP Mahila Morcha national president, Saroj Pandey, along with other three MPs, Darshna Jardosh from Surat, Jaishriben Patel from Mehsana and Rama Devi from Bihar, reached the 94th Battalion of BSF at Suchetgarh in Jammu, tied rakhis to the jawans and offered them sweets.
Pandey expressed gratitude to GS Dhaliwal, Commandant of the Battalion and said, "It was a matter of great pride for us to be here among the members of security forces, who even on festivals, continue to perform their duties on the borders to safeguard the country".
The prevailing situation in Jammu and Kashmir is a matter of grave concern as there is escalation in cross border intrusions from Pakistan and China due to weak policies of Congress-led UPA government at the Centre and the lack of will to deal with these two countries with firm determination, she said.
The visiting MPs were joined by Mahila Morcha national vice-president Latika Sharma, national secretary Rekha Gupta, BJP state president Jugal Kishore Sharma, Mahila Morcha state president Priya Sethi and other senior leaders.
Elsewhere along the border, jawans celebrated Raksha Bandhan with the local population and NGOs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP