BJP MPs tie rakhis to BSF personnel on Indo-Pak border
Jammu: BJP MPs on Wednesday tied rakhis to BSF jawans deployed on the India-Pakistan border at Suchetgarh in Jammu on the occasion of `Raksha Bandhan`.
MP and BJP Mahila Morcha national president, Saroj Pandey, along with other three MPs, Darshna Jardosh from Surat, Jaishriben Patel from Mehsana and Rama Devi from Bihar, reached the 94th Battalion of BSF at Suchetgarh in Jammu, tied rakhis to the jawans and offered them sweets.
Pandey expressed gratitude to GS Dhaliwal, Commandant of the Battalion and said, "It was a matter of great pride for us to be here among the members of security forces, who even on festivals, continue to perform their duties on the borders to safeguard the country".
The prevailing situation in Jammu and Kashmir is a matter of grave concern as there is escalation in cross border intrusions from Pakistan and China due to weak policies of Congress-led UPA government at the Centre and the lack of will to deal with these two countries with firm determination, she said.
The visiting MPs were joined by Mahila Morcha national vice-president Latika Sharma, national secretary Rekha Gupta, BJP state president Jugal Kishore Sharma, Mahila Morcha state president Priya Sethi and other senior leaders.
Elsewhere along the border, jawans celebrated Raksha Bandhan with the local population and NGOs.
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court
- English Premier League: Euphoria on streets of Leicester as outsiders seal historic maiden title
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- One trillion species on Earth and we know nothing
- US didn't trust Pakistan, so conducted Osama raid alone: Former CIA director Leon Panetta