BJP, NC workers clash in Jammu over Jugal-Itoo issue
Jammu: Several workers of ruling National Conference and Opposition Bhartiya Janata Party today clashed while protesting over the heated exchange of words between BJP state President Jugal Kishore Sharma and minister Sakina Itoo in Jammu and Kashmir Assembly.
Over 100 workers of NC mainly women, led by Legislator Bimla Luthra, marched to the BJP headquarters at Kachi Chawani, blocked traffic and held protests against Sharma, demanding his sacking from the post.
BJP workers particular Mahila morcha members returned to the headquarters, from a separate protest march to the Raj Bhawan, to find a group led women led by NC leader Bimla Luthra tried to trespass the BJP office.
The two groups clashed with each other but Police intervened and took away the NC MLA along with their activists on seeing a huge crowd of BJP activists rushing to the spot.
A complaint was lodged by the BJP against Bimla Luthra and her party workers who had tried to attack the BJP office.
Meanwhile, over 300 BJP workers had marched toward the Raj Bhawan against the decision of suspension of Sharma by the Speaker, seeking Governor`s immediate intervention and dissolution of state assembly in the wake of the speaker`s ruling yesterday.
BJP State President Jugal Kishore Sharma, accompanied by Leader of Legislative Party Ashok Khajuria, senior leaders Dr Nirmal Singh, Dr Jitendra Singh, Usha Choudhary, Ramesh Arora, Bali Bhagat, Kavinder Gupta, Sukhnandan Kumar (MLA), Sham Choudhary (MLA) led a massive protest march.
BJP Mahila Morcha activists led by State President Priya Sethi marched as well followed by BJYM activists under Ravinder Raina and hundreds of other party activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'