BJP, NPP members stage walkout in J&K Assembly
Srinagar: Opposition BJP and National Panthers Party (NPP) members Monday staged a walkout in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly to protest against the alleged political bias in creation of new administrative units in the state.
As soon as the House assembled, NPP MLA Harsh Dev Singh raised the issue of creation of new administrative units in the state, saying the Mushtaq Ganai committee report on the matter was politically motivated.
"Villages from certain constituencies are delineated and added to other areas on political considerations with an eye on elections," Singh said.
He said the report has been sent to a cabinet subcommittee for examination without taking the Assembly into confidence.
Law Minister Mir Saifullah said the report was being examined by the cabinet sub-committee but no new units have been created so far.
Not satisfied with the Minister`s reply, the BJP and NPP members stormed the well of the House.
Speaker Mubarak Gul asked the members to resume their seats and said he will seek information form the Government and make a statement after question hour.
However, the agitating MLAs chose to stage a walkout.
After question hour, the speaker informed the House that the report will be tabled in the House before any decision is taken on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations