BJP only secular party in country, says senior J&K leader
Jammu: BJP on Sunday said it was the only secular party in the country, accusing the Congress of dividing the people for vote-bank politics.
"Unlike the Congress party, BJP does not wear secularism on its sleeves and flaunt it for political opportunism," BJP`s chief spokesperson for J-K, Jitendra Singh, told a public meeting near Udhampur.
He said the BJP believed in the principle of "justice to all and appeasement to none".
"BJP is the only major political party in the country which is truly secular because it not only gives equal respect to all religions but also practises this virtue in its policies and programmes," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued