BJP only secular party in country, says senior J&K leader
Jammu: BJP on Sunday said it was the only secular party in the country, accusing the Congress of dividing the people for vote-bank politics.
"Unlike the Congress party, BJP does not wear secularism on its sleeves and flaunt it for political opportunism," BJP`s chief spokesperson for J-K, Jitendra Singh, told a public meeting near Udhampur.
He said the BJP believed in the principle of "justice to all and appeasement to none".
"BJP is the only major political party in the country which is truly secular because it not only gives equal respect to all religions but also practises this virtue in its policies and programmes," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II