BJP only secular party in country, says senior J&K leader
Jammu: BJP on Sunday said it was the only secular party in the country, accusing the Congress of dividing the people for vote-bank politics.
"Unlike the Congress party, BJP does not wear secularism on its sleeves and flaunt it for political opportunism," BJP`s chief spokesperson for J-K, Jitendra Singh, told a public meeting near Udhampur.
He said the BJP believed in the principle of "justice to all and appeasement to none".
"BJP is the only major political party in the country which is truly secular because it not only gives equal respect to all religions but also practises this virtue in its policies and programmes," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation