BJP only secular party in country, says senior J&K leader
Jammu: BJP on Sunday said it was the only secular party in the country, accusing the Congress of dividing the people for vote-bank politics.
"Unlike the Congress party, BJP does not wear secularism on its sleeves and flaunt it for political opportunism," BJP`s chief spokesperson for J-K, Jitendra Singh, told a public meeting near Udhampur.
He said the BJP believed in the principle of "justice to all and appeasement to none".
"BJP is the only major political party in the country which is truly secular because it not only gives equal respect to all religions but also practises this virtue in its policies and programmes," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach