BJP opposes CRPF reducing footprints in J&K
Jammu: Opposing the removal of CRPF from militancy-infested areas of Kishtwar and Gandoh belts, BJP on Tuesday said the move will prove fatal for the security of the state and may intensify militancy in the region.
"Removal of CRPF from militancy-infested area of Gandoh and Kishtwar of Chenab valley region seems to be part of government`s game plan which will prove fatal for the security of the state and may lead to militancy springing up", BJP National Executive Member Nirmal Singh told reporters here.
He said locals were against this government`s decision, taken on the orders of Union Home Ministry, and were of the view that militancy will intensify in the areas following the move.
Singh said a delegation of locals had raised the issue with them, adding that people felt secure with CRPF providing security services in the region.
"Now the members of the deputation are showing concern towards this wrong move by the Home Ministry and are strongly condemning this order of removing CRPF.
They have asked state government to take efforts to convince the centre to revert the order of CRPF`s selective removal from that areas", he added.
BJP leaders assured the delegation that they will take up the issue and convey this serious matter concerning the security to the state government and other concerned quarters.
As part of confidence building measures, the Union Home Ministry in consultation with the state government has been planning to reduce CRPF troops in the area, who render a host of security duties in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information