BJP opposing temple bill unfortunate: Kashmiri Pandits
Jammu: Upset over the decision to refer the Temple and Shrines Bill to the joint select committee, a body representing Kashmiri Pandits on Wednesday said it was unfortunate that even BJP legislators opposed the bill.
"It was unfortunate that even BJP legislators opposed the bill vociferously (when presented for passage in the Assembly)," chairman of the All Parties Migrants Coordination Committee (APMCC) Vinod Pandit said here today.
"It was clear that certain people who have influence, money and power have once again sidelined Kashmiri Pandits reminding them that only note and votebanks matter for politicians (of BJP)," he said.
"By not passing the Bill, the politicians have clearly indicated that they do not work for the welfare of the common masses and when these common masses are Kashmiri Pandits they are muzzled more," Pandit said.
Pandit said APMCC would soon issue a white paper on temple encroachments.
The Kashmir Hindu Shrines bill for management protection, administration and governance of Hindu shrines and religious places in the state by J&K government was yesterday referred to the joint select committee after it saw stiff opposition from BJP, Panthers Party and even ruling Congress members when it was presented for passage in the Assembly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read