BJP promises to probe Rs 25000 Cr Roshni scam in J&K
Jammu: BJP will hold a probe into Rs 25,000 crore Roshni scam in Jammu and Kashmir if it is voted to power after elections, party candidate from Udhampur Lok Sabha seat Jitendra Singh said on Monday.
"Probe would be held into Rs 25,000 crore Roshni scam and it would be our top priority," Singh said at a public rally in Doda district.
The Comptroller and Auditor General had recently estimated a Rs 25,000-crore land transfer scam in Jammu and Kashmir, under Roshni scheme, making it the biggest ever such scandal in the state.
The scheme, under the Jammu Kashmir State Lands (Vesting of Ownership to the Occupants) Act, 2001, was meant to raise nearly Rs 25,448 crore to finance power projects by selling over 20.64 lakh kanals of state land under unauthorised occupation.
In a report tabled in the Assembly, CAG had alleged irregularities in the transfer of the encroached land to occupants, saying only Rs 76 crore had been realised, defeating the purpose of the legislation.
A PIL has been submitted to the High Court seeking a CBI probe into Roshni Scam and State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) has constituted a SIT to probe it.
Attacking his rival Congress candidate and Union Minister Gulam Nabi Azad, Singh said the Health Minister is "exploiting the sentiments" of erstwhile Doda district for political interest.
"The fictitious announcement by Azad to setup a medical college in Doda on the eve of the announcement of model code of conduct was made with the deliberate intention, knowing very well that it is not going to be practically feasible for implementation," Singh alleged.
Singh promised that optimal utility of hydro-power plant and discrimination against Doda in matters of development will be BJP`s top priority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you