BJP questions Omar, Farooq`s "proximity" to Yusuf
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday questioned Jammu and
Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and his father union
Minister Farooq`s "proximity" to National Conference party
worker Syed Yousuf Mohammad who allegedly died in police
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley maintained the mystery
behind Mohammad`s death--which has rocked the state for the
last five days, will be solved by the authorities but the
political aspect of the controversy is significant.
Mohammad was allegedly taking money from party leaders
and others to get their work done. Omar maintains that
Mohammad was handed over to the police after he came to know
about his deeds and confronted him.
"The Chief Minister has himself said a probe is on and
the truth will come out. But why did the father and son
(Farooq and Omar) hobnob with an individual (Mohammad) who had
the reputation of a middleman?" Jaitley said.
"Scams happen like this only," he added.
He advised the Chief Minister to think about the kind of
people he has brought around himself.
Underlining the importance of good governance and clean
politics, which form the theme of senior BJP leader LK
Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra, the Leader of the Opposition in
Rajya Sabha said at a party programme that these two aspects
were even more crucial to a state like Jammu and Kashmir.
"These are most needed in Jammu and Kashmir...Movements
of all hues keep taking place there," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla