BJP questions Omar, Farooq`s "proximity" to Yusuf
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday questioned Jammu and
Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and his father union
Minister Farooq`s "proximity" to National Conference party
worker Syed Yousuf Mohammad who allegedly died in police
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley maintained the mystery
behind Mohammad`s death--which has rocked the state for the
last five days, will be solved by the authorities but the
political aspect of the controversy is significant.
Mohammad was allegedly taking money from party leaders
and others to get their work done. Omar maintains that
Mohammad was handed over to the police after he came to know
about his deeds and confronted him.
"The Chief Minister has himself said a probe is on and
the truth will come out. But why did the father and son
(Farooq and Omar) hobnob with an individual (Mohammad) who had
the reputation of a middleman?" Jaitley said.
"Scams happen like this only," he added.
He advised the Chief Minister to think about the kind of
people he has brought around himself.
Underlining the importance of good governance and clean
politics, which form the theme of senior BJP leader LK
Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra, the Leader of the Opposition in
Rajya Sabha said at a party programme that these two aspects
were even more crucial to a state like Jammu and Kashmir.
"These are most needed in Jammu and Kashmir...Movements
of all hues keep taking place there," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam