BJP raises doubts over J&K Cabinet sub-committee`s functioning
Jammu: The BJP on Wednesday raised questions on the intentions and designs of the state`s cabinet sub-committee (CSC) after party representatives were ignored during the panel`s ongoing district-level interactions to create new administrative units in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We take strong exception to the conduct of the state`s CSC for creation of new administrative units during its ongoing seven-day-tour of different districts," BJP National Executive Member & J&K Chief Spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here today.
"On the very first day (yesterday) of the CSC`s visit to Doda, Ramban and Kishtwar districts committee members questioned its intentions and designs of the exercise undertaken by the CSC by not inviting representatives of the local BJP units for the interaction held at these district headquarters," he said.
Singh said, unless the CSC functions with absolute transparency, it will be seen as acting with malafide intentions.
In such case, he said, the entire exercise undertaken by it could prove counter-productive because instead of achieving its avowed objective of removing the regional imbalance, it could only end up in further aggravating the imbalance, he added.
The manner in which the CSC is conducting itself now smacks of a similar design in a bid to appease the Kashmir-centric constituency, he alleged.
The committee, headed by Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand included Minister for PHE, Irrigation & Flood Control Sham Lal Sharma, Minister for Agriculture G H Mir, Minister for Higher Education Mohammad Akbar Lone, Minister for Planning & Development Ajay Sadhotra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal