BJP resolution demands Omar`s resignation
Jammu: BJP on Sunday demanded immediate
resignation of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
for his alleged involvement in the death of National
Conference activist Haji Yousuf Shah and the cash-for-post
A resolution was passed by the party demanding immediate
resignation of Omar after a two-day BJP state Working
Committee meet presided by party state president Shamsher
Singh Manhas here.
The resolution demanding immediate resignation of Omar
Abdullah was moved by party`s chief whip Ashok Khajuria for
the NC leader`s alleged involvement in the death of the
National Conference activist.
It was passed unanimously by voice-vote.
In the eight different sessions conducted at the meeting,
discussions were held over the present political situation in
the state after the mysterious death of the NC worker and
Omar`s remarks on Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Over 130 delegates drawn from different parts of the
state suggested some amendments and additions in the political
Earlier, the district presidents presented detailed
reports regarding the political and organisational activities
being undertaken in their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'