BJP resolution demands Omar`s resignation
Jammu: BJP on Sunday demanded immediate
resignation of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
for his alleged involvement in the death of National
Conference activist Haji Yousuf Shah and the cash-for-post
A resolution was passed by the party demanding immediate
resignation of Omar after a two-day BJP state Working
Committee meet presided by party state president Shamsher
Singh Manhas here.
The resolution demanding immediate resignation of Omar
Abdullah was moved by party`s chief whip Ashok Khajuria for
the NC leader`s alleged involvement in the death of the
National Conference activist.
It was passed unanimously by voice-vote.
In the eight different sessions conducted at the meeting,
discussions were held over the present political situation in
the state after the mysterious death of the NC worker and
Omar`s remarks on Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Over 130 delegates drawn from different parts of the
state suggested some amendments and additions in the political
Earlier, the district presidents presented detailed
reports regarding the political and organisational activities
being undertaken in their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'