BJP should press Centre on resolving Kashmir issue: Malik
Srinagar: The BJP should focus on
persuading the Centre to resolve the Kashmir issue, JKLF
Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said on Tuesday and claimed the
party`s stand contradicted the actions of the erstwhile NDA
government led by it.
"The BJP should focus on pressurising the present
government (at Centre) to resolve Kashmir issue instead of
talking about hoisting flag at Lal Chowk on January 26," Malik
said addressing a seminar organised by the moderate faction of
Hurriyat Conference here.
Malik recalled that it was the BJP-led NDA government
headed by A B Vajpayee which had initiated talks with the
united Hurriyat Conference and even engaged Hizbul Mujahideen
commanders in the dialogue process.
"The posture adopted by the party now is totally in
contrast to what their government did," he said.
On the deaths during the summer unrest in the Valley
last year, the separatists leader said he will be filing a
petition in the state High Court for getting FIRs registered
in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet