BJP should press Centre on resolving Kashmir issue: Malik
Srinagar: The BJP should focus on
persuading the Centre to resolve the Kashmir issue, JKLF
Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said on Tuesday and claimed the
party`s stand contradicted the actions of the erstwhile NDA
government led by it.
"The BJP should focus on pressurising the present
government (at Centre) to resolve Kashmir issue instead of
talking about hoisting flag at Lal Chowk on January 26," Malik
said addressing a seminar organised by the moderate faction of
Hurriyat Conference here.
Malik recalled that it was the BJP-led NDA government
headed by A B Vajpayee which had initiated talks with the
united Hurriyat Conference and even engaged Hizbul Mujahideen
commanders in the dialogue process.
"The posture adopted by the party now is totally in
contrast to what their government did," he said.
On the deaths during the summer unrest in the Valley
last year, the separatists leader said he will be filing a
petition in the state High Court for getting FIRs registered
in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'