BJP should press Centre on resolving Kashmir issue: Malik
Srinagar: The BJP should focus on
persuading the Centre to resolve the Kashmir issue, JKLF
Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said on Tuesday and claimed the
party`s stand contradicted the actions of the erstwhile NDA
government led by it.
"The BJP should focus on pressurising the present
government (at Centre) to resolve Kashmir issue instead of
talking about hoisting flag at Lal Chowk on January 26," Malik
said addressing a seminar organised by the moderate faction of
Hurriyat Conference here.
Malik recalled that it was the BJP-led NDA government
headed by A B Vajpayee which had initiated talks with the
united Hurriyat Conference and even engaged Hizbul Mujahideen
commanders in the dialogue process.
"The posture adopted by the party now is totally in
contrast to what their government did," he said.
On the deaths during the summer unrest in the Valley
last year, the separatists leader said he will be filing a
petition in the state High Court for getting FIRs registered
in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!