BJP should press Centre on resolving Kashmir issue: Malik
Srinagar: The BJP should focus on
persuading the Centre to resolve the Kashmir issue, JKLF
Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said on Tuesday and claimed the
party`s stand contradicted the actions of the erstwhile NDA
government led by it.
"The BJP should focus on pressurising the present
government (at Centre) to resolve Kashmir issue instead of
talking about hoisting flag at Lal Chowk on January 26," Malik
said addressing a seminar organised by the moderate faction of
Hurriyat Conference here.
Malik recalled that it was the BJP-led NDA government
headed by A B Vajpayee which had initiated talks with the
united Hurriyat Conference and even engaged Hizbul Mujahideen
commanders in the dialogue process.
"The posture adopted by the party now is totally in
contrast to what their government did," he said.
On the deaths during the summer unrest in the Valley
last year, the separatists leader said he will be filing a
petition in the state High Court for getting FIRs registered
in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried