BJP should press Centre on resolving Kashmir issue: Malik
Srinagar: The BJP should focus on
persuading the Centre to resolve the Kashmir issue, JKLF
Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said on Tuesday and claimed the
party`s stand contradicted the actions of the erstwhile NDA
government led by it.
"The BJP should focus on pressurising the present
government (at Centre) to resolve Kashmir issue instead of
talking about hoisting flag at Lal Chowk on January 26," Malik
said addressing a seminar organised by the moderate faction of
Hurriyat Conference here.
Malik recalled that it was the BJP-led NDA government
headed by A B Vajpayee which had initiated talks with the
united Hurriyat Conference and even engaged Hizbul Mujahideen
commanders in the dialogue process.
"The posture adopted by the party now is totally in
contrast to what their government did," he said.
On the deaths during the summer unrest in the Valley
last year, the separatists leader said he will be filing a
petition in the state High Court for getting FIRs registered
in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees