BJP slams `anti-people` policies of UPA govt
Jammu: The BJP on Friday staged a protest outside Raj Bhawan here against hike in price of LPG and putting a cap on subsidised cooking gas cylinders and said the "anti-people policies" of the UPA had hit the common man severely.
"Today a common man cannot arrange even two square meals a day for his family as prices of all food items have risen manifold," BJP Mahila Morcha National vice president Meenakshi Lekhi told the protesters.
She said people had expected Congress-led UPA would ensure minimum basic amenities at reasonable prices but their hopes have been shattered.
State BJP Mahila Morcha chief Sakina Bano asked Congress leadership to explain as to how six cylinders a year could suffice for a big family.
She said the Mahila Morcha would intensify its agitation on the issue of LPG.
BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas said the recent decision of the UPA on LPG has evoked widespread resentment.
Lekhi along with other leaders of the Morcha later submitted a memorandum to the Governor on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you