BJP slams `anti-people` policies of UPA govt
Jammu: The BJP on Friday staged a protest outside Raj Bhawan here against hike in price of LPG and putting a cap on subsidised cooking gas cylinders and said the "anti-people policies" of the UPA had hit the common man severely.
"Today a common man cannot arrange even two square meals a day for his family as prices of all food items have risen manifold," BJP Mahila Morcha National vice president Meenakshi Lekhi told the protesters.
She said people had expected Congress-led UPA would ensure minimum basic amenities at reasonable prices but their hopes have been shattered.
State BJP Mahila Morcha chief Sakina Bano asked Congress leadership to explain as to how six cylinders a year could suffice for a big family.
She said the Mahila Morcha would intensify its agitation on the issue of LPG.
BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas said the recent decision of the UPA on LPG has evoked widespread resentment.
Lekhi along with other leaders of the Morcha later submitted a memorandum to the Governor on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic