BJP slams `anti-people` policies of UPA govt
Jammu: The BJP on Friday staged a protest outside Raj Bhawan here against hike in price of LPG and putting a cap on subsidised cooking gas cylinders and said the "anti-people policies" of the UPA had hit the common man severely.
"Today a common man cannot arrange even two square meals a day for his family as prices of all food items have risen manifold," BJP Mahila Morcha National vice president Meenakshi Lekhi told the protesters.
She said people had expected Congress-led UPA would ensure minimum basic amenities at reasonable prices but their hopes have been shattered.
State BJP Mahila Morcha chief Sakina Bano asked Congress leadership to explain as to how six cylinders a year could suffice for a big family.
She said the Mahila Morcha would intensify its agitation on the issue of LPG.
BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas said the recent decision of the UPA on LPG has evoked widespread resentment.
Lekhi along with other leaders of the Morcha later submitted a memorandum to the Governor on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested