BJP slams `anti-people` policies of UPA govt
Jammu: The BJP on Friday staged a protest outside Raj Bhawan here against hike in price of LPG and putting a cap on subsidised cooking gas cylinders and said the "anti-people policies" of the UPA had hit the common man severely.
"Today a common man cannot arrange even two square meals a day for his family as prices of all food items have risen manifold," BJP Mahila Morcha National vice president Meenakshi Lekhi told the protesters.
She said people had expected Congress-led UPA would ensure minimum basic amenities at reasonable prices but their hopes have been shattered.
State BJP Mahila Morcha chief Sakina Bano asked Congress leadership to explain as to how six cylinders a year could suffice for a big family.
She said the Mahila Morcha would intensify its agitation on the issue of LPG.
BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas said the recent decision of the UPA on LPG has evoked widespread resentment.
Lekhi along with other leaders of the Morcha later submitted a memorandum to the Governor on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list