BJP slams `anti-people` policies of UPA govt
Jammu: The BJP on Friday staged a protest outside Raj Bhawan here against hike in price of LPG and putting a cap on subsidised cooking gas cylinders and said the "anti-people policies" of the UPA had hit the common man severely.
"Today a common man cannot arrange even two square meals a day for his family as prices of all food items have risen manifold," BJP Mahila Morcha National vice president Meenakshi Lekhi told the protesters.
She said people had expected Congress-led UPA would ensure minimum basic amenities at reasonable prices but their hopes have been shattered.
State BJP Mahila Morcha chief Sakina Bano asked Congress leadership to explain as to how six cylinders a year could suffice for a big family.
She said the Mahila Morcha would intensify its agitation on the issue of LPG.
BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas said the recent decision of the UPA on LPG has evoked widespread resentment.
Lekhi along with other leaders of the Morcha later submitted a memorandum to the Governor on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued