BJP starts campaign for legislative council polls in J&K
Jammu: The BJP on Monday sought to mobilise support of panchayat representatives in favour of party candidates for the upcoming election for Legislative Council from the panchayat quota.
BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas along with senior leaders and MLAs kicked off the election campaign at a function organised in Ghagwal block of Samba district to muster the support of panchayat representatives.
The leaders claimed that a large number of sarpanches and panches have promised their support to party candidates Col Uttam Singh and Rashpal Verma who are contesting from the two seats of Jammu province.
Security of sarpanches and panches should be ensured and there should be no interference in the functioning of panchayats, Manhas said adding, the party has strongly backed the empowerment of panchayats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police