BJP starts campaign for legislative council polls in J&K
Jammu: The BJP on Monday sought to mobilise support of panchayat representatives in favour of party candidates for the upcoming election for Legislative Council from the panchayat quota.
BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas along with senior leaders and MLAs kicked off the election campaign at a function organised in Ghagwal block of Samba district to muster the support of panchayat representatives.
The leaders claimed that a large number of sarpanches and panches have promised their support to party candidates Col Uttam Singh and Rashpal Verma who are contesting from the two seats of Jammu province.
Security of sarpanches and panches should be ensured and there should be no interference in the functioning of panchayats, Manhas said adding, the party has strongly backed the empowerment of panchayats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!