BJP starts campaign for legislative council polls in J&K
Jammu: The BJP on Monday sought to mobilise support of panchayat representatives in favour of party candidates for the upcoming election for Legislative Council from the panchayat quota.
BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas along with senior leaders and MLAs kicked off the election campaign at a function organised in Ghagwal block of Samba district to muster the support of panchayat representatives.
The leaders claimed that a large number of sarpanches and panches have promised their support to party candidates Col Uttam Singh and Rashpal Verma who are contesting from the two seats of Jammu province.
Security of sarpanches and panches should be ensured and there should be no interference in the functioning of panchayats, Manhas said adding, the party has strongly backed the empowerment of panchayats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Priyanka Chopra to sing LIVE at IIFA for the first time ever! – Details inside
- China Airlines workers on indefinite strike in Taiwan
- Pakistan shows its big heart, grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Find out what lies beneath your fingernails!
- It's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: Deepika Padukone