`BJP sympathises with Muslims when it needs votes`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said it is surprising that BJP, which did not field a single Muslim candidate for Gujarat Assembly Elections, finds that FDI is going to harm the interest of the community.
"Amazing how a party that couldn`t find a single Muslim worth fielding in Gujarat suddenly finds FDI in retail anti Muslim and cares about it," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
He said the party expresses sympathy with the Muslim community only when it "needs" their votes.
"They (BJP) find their sympathy for Muslims when they need votes in Parliament - nuclear deal and now FDI in retail," the Chief Minister said.
Omar had, earlier this year, said he wanted the states to decide whether they want to allow FDI in retail or not in their areas of jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan