`BJP sympathises with Muslims when it needs votes`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said it is surprising that BJP, which did not field a single Muslim candidate for Gujarat Assembly Elections, finds that FDI is going to harm the interest of the community.
"Amazing how a party that couldn`t find a single Muslim worth fielding in Gujarat suddenly finds FDI in retail anti Muslim and cares about it," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
He said the party expresses sympathy with the Muslim community only when it "needs" their votes.
"They (BJP) find their sympathy for Muslims when they need votes in Parliament - nuclear deal and now FDI in retail," the Chief Minister said.
Omar had, earlier this year, said he wanted the states to decide whether they want to allow FDI in retail or not in their areas of jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state