`BJP sympathises with Muslims when it needs votes`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said it is surprising that BJP, which did not field a single Muslim candidate for Gujarat Assembly Elections, finds that FDI is going to harm the interest of the community.
"Amazing how a party that couldn`t find a single Muslim worth fielding in Gujarat suddenly finds FDI in retail anti Muslim and cares about it," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
He said the party expresses sympathy with the Muslim community only when it "needs" their votes.
"They (BJP) find their sympathy for Muslims when they need votes in Parliament - nuclear deal and now FDI in retail," the Chief Minister said.
Omar had, earlier this year, said he wanted the states to decide whether they want to allow FDI in retail or not in their areas of jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack