`BJP sympathises with Muslims when it needs votes`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said it is surprising that BJP, which did not field a single Muslim candidate for Gujarat Assembly Elections, finds that FDI is going to harm the interest of the community.
"Amazing how a party that couldn`t find a single Muslim worth fielding in Gujarat suddenly finds FDI in retail anti Muslim and cares about it," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
He said the party expresses sympathy with the Muslim community only when it "needs" their votes.
"They (BJP) find their sympathy for Muslims when they need votes in Parliament - nuclear deal and now FDI in retail," the Chief Minister said.
Omar had, earlier this year, said he wanted the states to decide whether they want to allow FDI in retail or not in their areas of jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report