`BJP sympathises with Muslims when it needs votes`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said it is surprising that BJP, which did not field a single Muslim candidate for Gujarat Assembly Elections, finds that FDI is going to harm the interest of the community.
"Amazing how a party that couldn`t find a single Muslim worth fielding in Gujarat suddenly finds FDI in retail anti Muslim and cares about it," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
He said the party expresses sympathy with the Muslim community only when it "needs" their votes.
"They (BJP) find their sympathy for Muslims when they need votes in Parliament - nuclear deal and now FDI in retail," the Chief Minister said.
Omar had, earlier this year, said he wanted the states to decide whether they want to allow FDI in retail or not in their areas of jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!