BJP to Cong: Withdraw support if NC is a hurdle
Jammu: BJP said that the Congress should withdraw its support to the coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir, if it believes that NC is a hurdle in the empowerment of Panchayats in the state.
"Congress must withdraw support to the coalition government, if NC is not cooperating in extension of 73rd and 74th amendment act in the state," BJP State Secretary Vibodh Gupta said, addressing party workers here.
His statement came a day after state Congress Committee President Saif-ud-Din Soz reportedly said that NC was creating hurdles in bringing amendments in the Panchayati Raj Act.
Accusing Congress of surrendering before NC, he said, "If NC is not cooperating, why Congress is not withdrawing support."
He said all Congress Ministers should resign if they are genuinely serious about strengthening of Panchayat Raj in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...