BJP to Cong: Withdraw support if NC is a hurdle
Jammu: BJP said that the Congress should withdraw its support to the coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir, if it believes that NC is a hurdle in the empowerment of Panchayats in the state.
"Congress must withdraw support to the coalition government, if NC is not cooperating in extension of 73rd and 74th amendment act in the state," BJP State Secretary Vibodh Gupta said, addressing party workers here.
His statement came a day after state Congress Committee President Saif-ud-Din Soz reportedly said that NC was creating hurdles in bringing amendments in the Panchayati Raj Act.
Accusing Congress of surrendering before NC, he said, "If NC is not cooperating, why Congress is not withdrawing support."
He said all Congress Ministers should resign if they are genuinely serious about strengthening of Panchayat Raj in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report