BJP to Cong: Withdraw support if NC is a hurdle
Jammu: BJP said that the Congress should withdraw its support to the coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir, if it believes that NC is a hurdle in the empowerment of Panchayats in the state.
"Congress must withdraw support to the coalition government, if NC is not cooperating in extension of 73rd and 74th amendment act in the state," BJP State Secretary Vibodh Gupta said, addressing party workers here.
His statement came a day after state Congress Committee President Saif-ud-Din Soz reportedly said that NC was creating hurdles in bringing amendments in the Panchayati Raj Act.
Accusing Congress of surrendering before NC, he said, "If NC is not cooperating, why Congress is not withdrawing support."
He said all Congress Ministers should resign if they are genuinely serious about strengthening of Panchayat Raj in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video