BJP to Cong: Withdraw support if NC is a hurdle
Jammu: BJP said that the Congress should withdraw its support to the coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir, if it believes that NC is a hurdle in the empowerment of Panchayats in the state.
"Congress must withdraw support to the coalition government, if NC is not cooperating in extension of 73rd and 74th amendment act in the state," BJP State Secretary Vibodh Gupta said, addressing party workers here.
His statement came a day after state Congress Committee President Saif-ud-Din Soz reportedly said that NC was creating hurdles in bringing amendments in the Panchayati Raj Act.
Accusing Congress of surrendering before NC, he said, "If NC is not cooperating, why Congress is not withdrawing support."
He said all Congress Ministers should resign if they are genuinely serious about strengthening of Panchayat Raj in the state.
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow