BJP to ensure KPs return to Valley once in power: Rajnath
Jagti: Senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Monday assured displaced Kashmiri Pandits that his party will ensure their safe return to the Valley once they come to power.
"22 years is a long time, a lot has changed in this duration. It is unfortunate that in these 22 years the government has not done enough to rehabilitate them," he said.
"But when BJP comes to power, I assure you that we will make your return possible and it won`t be a temporary one. We will also ensure your safe stay in the Valley," he said.
Addressing the displaced Kashmiri migrants at Jagti Mini Township, he said, "We are aware of your grievances, if we would not have been concerned about the state of Kashmiri Pandits and Sikhs, we would not have made a study group to formulate a comprehensive report on the state of affairs in the Jammu an Kashmir."
Besides Singh, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Avinash Rai Khanna, Maya Singh, Jagat Prakash Nadda and Bhupinder Yadav are on a three-day visit of the Jammu region for "preparation of a vision document" for the state.
Singh said the document will act as a roadmap in the process of rehabilitating the displaced community.
"We meet Kashmiri Pandit delegations from time to time and discuss with them how and what to do to restore their pride and honour. Our vision document will act as a road map in this process," he said, and termed the interlocutors` report as ambiguous.
Singh said, "As a major opposition party at the Centre, BJP will continue to raise the issues of Kashmiri Pandits in Parliament."
Earlier, the inhabitants of the township presented a memorandum to Singh, emphasising various problems faced by Kashmiri Pandits and insisted on their rehabilitation in the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report