BJP to move apex court on West Pak refugees issue
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir unit of BJP on Monday alleged that even after 65 years of Independence refugees of West Pakistan do not enjoy citizenship right in the state.
The party also alleged that it was a violation of human rights and it would move the Supreme Court on the issue.
"A public interest litigation would be filed in the Supreme Court of India to stop the violation of human rights and fundamental rights of the refugees of West Pakistan," member of BJP`s human rights cell, Rajeev Pandey said today.
With the direction of BJP`s National President Nitan Gadkari, two members delegation visited the camps of West Pakistan refugees at RS Pura, Vijaypur and Marh area of Jammu region today.
Members of BJP human rights cell, Rajeev Pandey and Nirmal Mishra along with the president of West Pakistan Refugees Action Committee Laba Ram Gandhi listened to the problems of refugees and assured them of full support.
These refugees are struggling very hard in Jammu and Kashmir and New Delhi since 1947 to obtain citizenship rights in the state so that they could also lead a dignified life, but with no result, Pandey claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic