BJP wants Kashmir issue resolution within ambit of humanity
Srinagar: BJP on Wednesday said it is willing for a
resolution of Kashmir issue within the ambit of justice
"We want peace and prosperity in Jammu and Kashmir. We
want resolution of the problems on the basis of `insaaf`
(justice) and `insaniyat` (humanity)," senior BJP leader
Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
Singh is leading a six-member BJP MPs team, which is on
a four-day tour to Jammu and Kashmir that began on April 11 to
understand the problems of the people and "prepare a road map"
for the state.
"We are willing to meet even those who consider Kashmir
as a dispute but we will not knock at anybody`s door," he said
referring to separatists.
We have come with an open and clear mind and will listen
to all sections of the society, the BJP leader said, adding
that the team will formulate a comprehensive report and submit
it to the BJP president.
"The important issues brought before the team will also
be raised in the parliament...From time to time voices of
discrimination are emanating from one region or the other
region in the state. We want to find out the actual
situation," he said.
In the first leg, the team visited Jammu for two days and
met around 25 delegations. "We are scheduled to meet 15
delegations here during our two days stay but the number can
go up," he said.
He said if the team feels the need, it would visit the
state again before finalising its report.
In response to a question, the former BJP president said
the delegation will study the Armed Forces Special Powers Act
and the feasibility to continue it in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars