BJP wants Kashmir issue resolution within ambit of humanity
Srinagar: BJP on Wednesday said it is willing for a
resolution of Kashmir issue within the ambit of justice
"We want peace and prosperity in Jammu and Kashmir. We
want resolution of the problems on the basis of `insaaf`
(justice) and `insaniyat` (humanity)," senior BJP leader
Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
Singh is leading a six-member BJP MPs team, which is on
a four-day tour to Jammu and Kashmir that began on April 11 to
understand the problems of the people and "prepare a road map"
for the state.
"We are willing to meet even those who consider Kashmir
as a dispute but we will not knock at anybody`s door," he said
referring to separatists.
We have come with an open and clear mind and will listen
to all sections of the society, the BJP leader said, adding
that the team will formulate a comprehensive report and submit
it to the BJP president.
"The important issues brought before the team will also
be raised in the parliament...From time to time voices of
discrimination are emanating from one region or the other
region in the state. We want to find out the actual
situation," he said.
In the first leg, the team visited Jammu for two days and
met around 25 delegations. "We are scheduled to meet 15
delegations here during our two days stay but the number can
go up," he said.
He said if the team feels the need, it would visit the
state again before finalising its report.
In response to a question, the former BJP president said
the delegation will study the Armed Forces Special Powers Act
and the feasibility to continue it in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital