BJP wants retired Judge to head SERC
Jammu: The BJP in Jammu and Kashmir today
demanded that the State Electricity Regulatory Commission
(SERC) should be headed by a person not less than the capacity
of a High Court Judge.
"We demand that SERC should be headed by a person not
less than the High Court Judge. Some times, it appears that
the Commission is acting as an agency of State Government. We
have to change this impression by posting a retired judge as
its head," party spokesman Ramesh Arora told reporters here.
Lashing out at the Omar Abdullah-led government for
"failures" in all fronts, particularly in the power sector,
Arora said, "the recent refusal of the Central Government to
release Rs 1300 crore as power reforms grant should be an eye
opener for the public".
The Centre`s objection came after the state government
failed to bring significant reforms in the power sector even
after spenting Rs 3900 crore in the past four years, the BJP
"Omar government is responsible for the mismanagement as
it diverted power reforms grants for paying salaries of
government employees," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY