BJYM activists arrested on way to Srinagar to hoist tricolour
Jammu: Police on Saturday arrested 95 activists of
the BJP`s youth wing while they were on their way to Srinagar
to hoist the national flag at Lal Chowk on the Independence
All the Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJYM) activists were
arrested here and in Udhampur, police sources said.
The vehicles of BJYM activists were stopped by police
on Jammu-Srinagar national highway at Hari Palace near here
this afternoon while they were proceeding to Srinagar, police
About 60 BJYM activists, led by state President Munish
Sharma, held protest demonstration after police had erected
barricades to prevent them to proceed further to Srinagar.
The traffic on the highway got disrupted for more than
one hour during the demonstration, the sources said
adding later the police took them into custody and lodged them
at City Police Station.
Another group of about 35 BJYM activists were prevented
from proceeding towards Srinagar at Chenani in Udhampur
district, they said and added they were also taken into
custody by the police.
Earlier, the State President of BJP Shamsher Singh
Manhas had flagged off the BJYM activists from party
headquarters here to proceed to Srinagar for hoisting national
flag at Lal Chowk on I-day tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof