BJYM appeals Vohra to withdraw curtailment of Amarnath yatra
Jammu: The youth wing of BJP in Jammu and
Kashmir on Saturday appealed to the Governor and Chairman of Shri Amarnath Shrine Board N N Vohra to withdraw curtailment of the
Amarnath yatra by 15 days and allow it to begin from June 15.
"You are requested to kindly withdraw the decision
regarding curtailment of Amarnath yatra (by 15 days) and let
it began on Jyeshta Purnima (June 15)", state president of
Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha Munish Sharma said in a memorandum
submitted to the Governor through Divisional Commissioner
Jammu Pawan Kotwal.
He, also warned the SASB that "If the SASB remains
adamant on its decision, the coming days may witness another
2008 type (Amarnath land row) agitation."
The Shrine Board has this year curtailed the period of
the annual pilgrimage by 15 days. Traditionally, the yatra
goes on for two months beginning June 15.
Opposing curtailment of the yatra, the Baba Amarnath
Yatri Niyas (BAYN), an amalgam of around 30 religious, social
and trade organisations, has vowed to commence the pilgrimage
on June 14.
The SASB has defended its decision saying the step was
taken to ensure safe and smooth conduct of the arduous
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt