BJYM appeals Vohra to withdraw curtailment of Amarnath yatra
Jammu: The youth wing of BJP in Jammu and
Kashmir on Saturday appealed to the Governor and Chairman of Shri Amarnath Shrine Board N N Vohra to withdraw curtailment of the
Amarnath yatra by 15 days and allow it to begin from June 15.
"You are requested to kindly withdraw the decision
regarding curtailment of Amarnath yatra (by 15 days) and let
it began on Jyeshta Purnima (June 15)", state president of
Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha Munish Sharma said in a memorandum
submitted to the Governor through Divisional Commissioner
Jammu Pawan Kotwal.
He, also warned the SASB that "If the SASB remains
adamant on its decision, the coming days may witness another
2008 type (Amarnath land row) agitation."
The Shrine Board has this year curtailed the period of
the annual pilgrimage by 15 days. Traditionally, the yatra
goes on for two months beginning June 15.
Opposing curtailment of the yatra, the Baba Amarnath
Yatri Niyas (BAYN), an amalgam of around 30 religious, social
and trade organisations, has vowed to commence the pilgrimage
on June 14.
The SASB has defended its decision saying the step was
taken to ensure safe and smooth conduct of the arduous
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA