BJYM set afire Yasin Malik`s effigy, demands his arrest
Jammu: The youth wing of BJP on Wednesday set ablaze the effigies of JKLF chief Yasin Malik and demanded his arrest for sharing dais with LeT chief and Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed in Pakistan.
Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha state president Ravinder Raina led over 100 activists who raised anti-Malik and anti-Pak slogans and sat on a dharna demanding his arrest.
He accused Malik, who shared a dais with Saeed while sitting on a hunger strike in Pakistan to mourn Guru`s execution, of betraying people of the country.
"We demand Malik`s arrest for his links with Saeed. His passport should be revoked and he should be brought back immediately," Raina told reporters here.
Raina threatened to launch a campaign against the Union Government if it failed to arrest Malik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test