BJYM sets afire effigy of PM over coal scam in Jammu
Jammu: Demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the CAG report on coal block allocations, Bhartiya Janta Yova Morcha on Wednesday held protest demonstrations and set afire the effigy of Prime Minister in the city.
Led by State BJYM President, Munish Sharma, a large numbers of workers staged a vigorous protest against the Congress led UPA Government.
The protest rally formed the part of the National level protests being held by the BJYM units in various states.
Addressing the rally, Munish Sharma, said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is fully involved in this gigantic scam as coal ministry was working under his office and unusually large number of coal mines were allotted without inviting competitive bids.
The effigy of Prime Minister was torched for his direct complicity in the allotment of coal mines,causing astronomical loss to the public exchequer, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?