BJYM sets afire effigy of PM over coal scam in Jammu
Jammu: Demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the CAG report on coal block allocations, Bhartiya Janta Yova Morcha on Wednesday held protest demonstrations and set afire the effigy of Prime Minister in the city.
Led by State BJYM President, Munish Sharma, a large numbers of workers staged a vigorous protest against the Congress led UPA Government.
The protest rally formed the part of the National level protests being held by the BJYM units in various states.
Addressing the rally, Munish Sharma, said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is fully involved in this gigantic scam as coal ministry was working under his office and unusually large number of coal mines were allotted without inviting competitive bids.
The effigy of Prime Minister was torched for his direct complicity in the allotment of coal mines,causing astronomical loss to the public exchequer, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'