BJYM sets afire effigy of PM over coal scam in Jammu
Jammu: Demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the CAG report on coal block allocations, Bhartiya Janta Yova Morcha on Wednesday held protest demonstrations and set afire the effigy of Prime Minister in the city.
Led by State BJYM President, Munish Sharma, a large numbers of workers staged a vigorous protest against the Congress led UPA Government.
The protest rally formed the part of the National level protests being held by the BJYM units in various states.
Addressing the rally, Munish Sharma, said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is fully involved in this gigantic scam as coal ministry was working under his office and unusually large number of coal mines were allotted without inviting competitive bids.
The effigy of Prime Minister was torched for his direct complicity in the allotment of coal mines,causing astronomical loss to the public exchequer, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Exercise maximum possible restraint while dealing with mob: Army Chief to security forces
- Anti-pollution campaign bags global environment award
- Duleep Trophy: Floodlight malfunction grabs more attention than Pink ball
- Hero launches 17 cycles, price starts Rs 7,000
- Full List: 10 wealthiest countries in the world; India at 7th place