BJYM to launch country-wide membership drive on July 23
Jammu: Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) will hold a month-long countrywide membership drive from July 23 to August 22 to expand its support base, sources said on Monday.
"First-time voters, backward and scheduled caste groups and tribes and young boys and girls between the age group 18 to 25 years will be enrolled on a priority basis as part of the countrywide membership drive, `Yuva Sadasya Yuva Mitra Abhiyan`," BJYM national executive member and J&K prabhari Ashok Singh Chouhan told reporters here.
Accompanied by BJYM state president Ravinder Raina, Chouhan said that the drive would commence on July 23, the birth anniversary of freedom fighter Chandrashekhar Azad.
Chouhan said that prior to July, BJYM would use social media to promote the drive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada