Blast rocks LoC, two IEDs recovered in J&K
Jammu: An IED blast took place along the
LoC in Poonch district where troops recovered two more
explosive devices, officials said Wednesday.
Suspected militants had planted three IEDs along the
LoC near Kangri post in Bagialdhara belt of Poonch district,
they said, adding one of the IEDs exploded last evening.
However, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone
in the blast, they said adding that troops of 27 Madras
Regiment later launched a search operation in the area and
recovered two more IEDs which were later defused safely.
The IEDs were planted by the suspected militants to
target troops patrolling the LoC in the area, they said.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Poonch, Manmohan
Singh said that troops have defused the IEDs safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets