Blast rocks LoC, two IEDs recovered in J&K
Jammu: An IED blast took place along the
LoC in Poonch district where troops recovered two more
explosive devices, officials said Wednesday.
Suspected militants had planted three IEDs along the
LoC near Kangri post in Bagialdhara belt of Poonch district,
they said, adding one of the IEDs exploded last evening.
However, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone
in the blast, they said adding that troops of 27 Madras
Regiment later launched a search operation in the area and
recovered two more IEDs which were later defused safely.
The IEDs were planted by the suspected militants to
target troops patrolling the LoC in the area, they said.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Poonch, Manmohan
Singh said that troops have defused the IEDs safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter