Blast rocks LoC, two IEDs recovered in J&K
Jammu: An IED blast took place along the
LoC in Poonch district where troops recovered two more
explosive devices, officials said Wednesday.
Suspected militants had planted three IEDs along the
LoC near Kangri post in Bagialdhara belt of Poonch district,
they said, adding one of the IEDs exploded last evening.
However, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone
in the blast, they said adding that troops of 27 Madras
Regiment later launched a search operation in the area and
recovered two more IEDs which were later defused safely.
The IEDs were planted by the suspected militants to
target troops patrolling the LoC in the area, they said.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Poonch, Manmohan
Singh said that troops have defused the IEDs safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress