Bloeria Commission report to be implemented soon: J&K Govt
Jammu: Bloeria commission report on creation of new administrative units in the state would be implemented soon, Jammu and Kashmir government said on Monday.
Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Ali Mohammad Sagar said the Bloeria Commission Report on creation of new administrative units which includes setting up of new blocks is under examination by the revenue department.
He said after receiving the report from the department, the government would implement the recommendations of the commission soon.
Hopefully, the recommendations would be implemented this year, he said, however, adding that the creation of new blocks would be implemented only after approval of Cabinet.
Replying to the supplementaries raised by several members on a question today in the House, the rural development minister said the government has already regularised 22 additional blocks in the state.
The Minister informed the House that at present there are 63 blocks having more than 30 Panchayats.
Jammu and Kahsmir Government had appointed one-man commission headed by former Chief Secretary and present Vice-chancellor of Jammu University, S S Bloeria in 2008 for creation of new administrative units which included setting up of new blocks in the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened