Bloeria Commission report to be implemented soon: J&K Govt
Jammu: Bloeria commission report on creation of new administrative units in the state would be implemented soon, Jammu and Kashmir government said on Monday.
Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Ali Mohammad Sagar said the Bloeria Commission Report on creation of new administrative units which includes setting up of new blocks is under examination by the revenue department.
He said after receiving the report from the department, the government would implement the recommendations of the commission soon.
Hopefully, the recommendations would be implemented this year, he said, however, adding that the creation of new blocks would be implemented only after approval of Cabinet.
Replying to the supplementaries raised by several members on a question today in the House, the rural development minister said the government has already regularised 22 additional blocks in the state.
The Minister informed the House that at present there are 63 blocks having more than 30 Panchayats.
Jammu and Kahsmir Government had appointed one-man commission headed by former Chief Secretary and present Vice-chancellor of Jammu University, S S Bloeria in 2008 for creation of new administrative units which included setting up of new blocks in the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire