Bloeria Commission report to be implemented soon: J&K Govt
Jammu: Bloeria commission report on creation of new administrative units in the state would be implemented soon, Jammu and Kashmir government said on Monday.
Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Ali Mohammad Sagar said the Bloeria Commission Report on creation of new administrative units which includes setting up of new blocks is under examination by the revenue department.
He said after receiving the report from the department, the government would implement the recommendations of the commission soon.
Hopefully, the recommendations would be implemented this year, he said, however, adding that the creation of new blocks would be implemented only after approval of Cabinet.
Replying to the supplementaries raised by several members on a question today in the House, the rural development minister said the government has already regularised 22 additional blocks in the state.
The Minister informed the House that at present there are 63 blocks having more than 30 Panchayats.
Jammu and Kahsmir Government had appointed one-man commission headed by former Chief Secretary and present Vice-chancellor of Jammu University, S S Bloeria in 2008 for creation of new administrative units which included setting up of new blocks in the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj