Bodies of jawans being brought to Delhi
Jammu: The bodies of two jawans who were brutally killed by Pakistan troops were being flown to Delhi.
Wrapped in the tri-colour, the bodies of Lance Naik Hemraj (29) and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh (28), who laid down their lives while fighting Pakistani troop during a raid by 29 Baloch Regiment, were brought to Rajouri from the forward post in Poonch district today.
At Rajouri, wreaths were laid by Deputy General Officer Commanding (Dy-GOC) Brig J C Tiwari. The bodies were later taken in a helicopter to Jammu technical airport, from where they are being flown to Delhi.
While Lance Naik Hem Raj belongs to Mathura belt of Uttar Pradesh, Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh is from Madhya Pradesh.
The jawans were yesterday killed by Pakistani troops after intruding into deep into Indian territory along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, prompting an outraged India to summon the Pakistan High Commissioner in Delhi to protest the "highly provocative" attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1