Bodies of jawans being brought to Delhi
Jammu: The bodies of two jawans who were brutally killed by Pakistan troops were being flown to Delhi.
Wrapped in the tri-colour, the bodies of Lance Naik Hemraj (29) and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh (28), who laid down their lives while fighting Pakistani troop during a raid by 29 Baloch Regiment, were brought to Rajouri from the forward post in Poonch district today.
At Rajouri, wreaths were laid by Deputy General Officer Commanding (Dy-GOC) Brig J C Tiwari. The bodies were later taken in a helicopter to Jammu technical airport, from where they are being flown to Delhi.
While Lance Naik Hem Raj belongs to Mathura belt of Uttar Pradesh, Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh is from Madhya Pradesh.
The jawans were yesterday killed by Pakistani troops after intruding into deep into Indian territory along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, prompting an outraged India to summon the Pakistan High Commissioner in Delhi to protest the "highly provocative" attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Injured Jesse Ryder ends Essex stay
- After 22 months, NASA regains contact with sun-watching STEREO-B spacecraft!
- Parents, beware: Your lack of involvement might be making your child obese!
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to inaugurate BRICS meet on arbitration
- Raveena Tandon 'honoured' to receive award from Dharmendra