Body of another JEM militant recovered from encounter site
Srinagar: Security forces on Friday recovered the body of the third Jaish-e-Mohammad militant killed in the encounter at Malroo locality on the outskirts of Srinagar.
The body was recovered this morning during the search of the debris of the house which was razed to the ground during the operation yesterday, official sources said.
They said searches were on to trace arms, ammunition and any explosives that the militants might have been carrying.
Bodies of two JEM ultras were recovered soon after the gunbattle ended but the search operation had to be suspended for the night.
The militants were killed after the security forces blasted two houses, where the militants were believed to be hiding since Wednesday night.
According to a JeM spokesman, the militants were part of a larger group assigned to carry out attacks on Army`s 15 Corps headquarters at Badamibagh and another camp at Haft Chinar.
"The three militants were among six fidayeen (suicide) militants who were assigned the job of carrying out attacks on Badamibagh cantonment and Haft Chinar Army camp in Srinagar," operational chief of JeM Sajjad Afghani said in a statement to local media here last night.
He said commander Yusuf Badni, Qari Mumtaz, Asadullah Afghani, Saiful Islam Baber and Osama were to carry out attacks in Sriangar and uniform, vehicles, communication
equipment and logistic support was provided to them.
"An informer tipped off police and Qari Mumtaz and Asadullah Afghani were killed in Malroo encounter," Afghani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?