Body of another JEM militant recovered from encounter site
Srinagar: Security forces on Friday recovered the body of the third Jaish-e-Mohammad militant killed in the encounter at Malroo locality on the outskirts of Srinagar.
The body was recovered this morning during the search of the debris of the house which was razed to the ground during the operation yesterday, official sources said.
They said searches were on to trace arms, ammunition and any explosives that the militants might have been carrying.
Bodies of two JEM ultras were recovered soon after the gunbattle ended but the search operation had to be suspended for the night.
The militants were killed after the security forces blasted two houses, where the militants were believed to be hiding since Wednesday night.
According to a JeM spokesman, the militants were part of a larger group assigned to carry out attacks on Army`s 15 Corps headquarters at Badamibagh and another camp at Haft Chinar.
"The three militants were among six fidayeen (suicide) militants who were assigned the job of carrying out attacks on Badamibagh cantonment and Haft Chinar Army camp in Srinagar," operational chief of JeM Sajjad Afghani said in a statement to local media here last night.
He said commander Yusuf Badni, Qari Mumtaz, Asadullah Afghani, Saiful Islam Baber and Osama were to carry out attacks in Sriangar and uniform, vehicles, communication
equipment and logistic support was provided to them.
"An informer tipped off police and Qari Mumtaz and Asadullah Afghani were killed in Malroo encounter," Afghani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days